After having to go back to work when the twins were just barely 2 months old, I’ve been longing to spend more than just a weekend with them. Now the twins are 5 and 1/2 months old and I’m so grateful that this Thanksgiving I got to spend an entire week with them. They’ve grown so much both physically and mentally. Emory rolls over (one direction only) and Elizabeth can pivot on her back and stomach a full 360 (very funny to watch!). They both hold their toys and reach for them too. They also just started eating solids this week – carrots and peas. So… here is what we did this week:
- Sunday - Sunday school at Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church. Later in the day, babies ate some mushed up carrots for the first time!
- Monday - A visit to my colleague and her husband’s house for coffee (for mommy) and tummy time on the floor at their house. In the evening, a former student stopped by my house just to visit and play with the babies.
- Tuesday - Shopping with Grandma Carol at Baby’s R Us for new baby girl Sweet (on her way) and a few Christmas gifts for the twins
- Wednesday - A day with “GG” (great-grandma Janvier)… We had lunch at the soda shop in the Eskaton where she stays and we were stopped by every old lady and man that we strolled past. By the way, babies in a stroller serve as a great walker for any elderly person who might need one. Babies get pushed around, Great-grandma gets to gaze on them while pushing them and brag about them to her friends, and GG also gets added stability to her walking – a great combination! We also stopped by Aunt Jean’s on the way to Grandma’s hair appointment.
- Thursday - Thanksgiving Day! It began early (as every morning does) with a walk to the nearby park with the twins and Romeo. It was a cold rainy morning, but I put hats and blankets on the babies and covered the car-seats with rain-jackets. Then, in the afternoon, we headed to Nana and Grandpa’s house for a family gathering and turkey feast.
- Friday - A relaxing morning at home followed by a Bible study lunch and movie at cousin Kim’s house. Babies just loved all the attention!
- Saturday - A day at home with Mommy. What a great way to end the week! I honestly don’t remember the last time I spent an entire day in my house… not even a single trip to the grocery. And, yes, although the babies got dressed, I stayed in my pajamas all day long. (Yay for me!)