Early Monday afternoon I went to get an ultrasound. Immediately following that ultrasound, they had me report to Labor & Delivery at Sutter Roseville’s Family Birthing Center. Once there, they monitored the babies’ heartbeats and my contractions. Although I didn’t feel any contractions, they said I was having them and decided to keep me for 48 hours of observation.
Tomorrow I find out whether or not I get to go home… where I will be on bed rest. Either way, I will not be headed back to work after Spring Break as I had originally planned.
I am only at thirty weeks and the doctor really doesn’t want to deliver until I get to at least thirty three weeks. Hopefully the babies will stay in there at least three more weeks. In the meantime, the doctor has given me steroids to help stimulate their lungs.
Greg has been keeping me company every evening. He brought me goodies from home and checks up on me all day on the phone. I’m feeling pretty nervous and unprepared. Thank you to everybody for your love, support and prayers!